Covid-19 : services are back to normal
All of Bruxelles-Propreté’s services have been restored
As previously communicated, the Covid-19 crisis has led to disruptions in the missions of Bruxelles-Propreté, particularly in the collections of blue and yellow bags.
Bruxelles-Propreté is now in a position to restore all of its collection services to the usual schedules.
Separate collections of all blue and yellow bags
As of Monday 11 May, all blue and yellow bags will be collected again separately in all Brussels municipalities. These bags will be sent to the sorting centre (Recyclis) for recycling.
In order to ensure these collections, to guarantee the sorting of the collected waste and to make sure that social distancing measures are respected as much as possible, Bruxelles-Propreté has rearranged the working hours of the collection teams. This measure will be applied from 11 May until further notice.
Specifically, blue bags (PMC packaging) and yellow bags (paper and cardboard) will be collected in the morning. However, approximately 15% of the white bag collections will be carried out in the afternoon instead of the morning. This change in the working hours of the collection teams does not, however, imply any change in the citizens' collection schedules.
All bags (white, blue, yellow, orange and green) must therefore be put out at the usual days and times
The inhabitants are however asked to leave their white bags along their house facade, if they have not been collected in the morning.
To make the work of the collection teams easier and to maintain the streets clean, it is paramount to respect the usual rules:
- Put out the bags on the right day.
- Seal the bags tightly.
- Put the bags along the facade.
- Do not exceed 15 kg per bag.
- Carton boxes must be folded, stacked and tied so that our teams can get rid of them easily and safely..
Good citizenship habits to live by
Bruxelles-Propreté requires all citizens to respect the public space.
- Gloves and masks must be thrown into the white bag.
- Do not throw your cigarette butts, handkerchiefs and masks, cans, packaging and other waste in the street. There is a good chance that a public trash bin is nearby. If not, please keep your waste with you until you reach home where you can get rid of it.
- Pick up your dog's droppings. Remember to bring a bag to pick it up.
- Some waste is particularly harmful to the environment, such as small household chemical waste. Take it to the Recypark. Or better yet, drop it off at a PROXY CHIMIK collection point.
Bruxelles-Propreté reminds the population that fines do happen when breaking the rules on public cleanliness.
In these particular times, the Management thanks more than ever its teams and the inhabitants for their flexibility, understanding and collaboration.